Important update from our Superintendent
March 18 Update:
Dear Warrior Family,
The CCS Faculty and Staff have been actively preparing for the successful launch of our enhanced Digital Instructional Learning Programming (DILP) on Monday, March 23rd.
While we recognize the Center for Disease Control does not yet require preemptive closures of schools as a reaction to COVID-19, we will exercise an abundance of caution when it comes to potential health risks.
Cornerstone Christian Schools has decided to close the physical campus consisting of the academic buildings and the athletic fields. CCS will initiate its enhanced Digital Instructional Learning Program (DILP) for all students beginning on Monday, March 23rd.
We remain grateful for your flexibility, support, and understanding as we navigate these unique and complex circumstances in the best interest of health and wellness for all.
- We will conduct our courses virtually through our enhanced Digital Instructional Learning Program (DILP) with Microsoft 365. Elementary students will be provided a CCS device to utilize with DILP. Secondary students will simply continue to utilize applications within the Microsoft 365 platform to engage in teacher-driven instruction, learning activities, and assessments. Teachers will record live lesson sessions and post them in the classroom’s Microsoft 365 Teams application. This will provide students with the opportunity to view the lesson more than once. Our DILP was developed to provide students the ability to work cooperatively with classmates on small group projects and engage in class discussions.
Athletics & Fine Arts
- All Cornerstone Christian Schools and Cornerstone Youth Sports athletic events and Cornerstone Christian Schools Fine Arts performances including practices are postponed until campus is re-opened. We are optimistic that we will be able to reschedule many of these extracurricular events.
- All CCS Sponsored events including awards ceremonies, banquets, and prom are postponed until campus is re-opened. We are optimistic that we will be able to reschedule these celebratory events.
CCS Online School
- Current CCS Online School students will continue in their respective coursework with their distinctive curriculum path. There is no need for CCS Online School students to transfer to the CCS Digital Instructional Learning Program.
We will continue to adhere to health and safety precautions, monitor our resources, and will communicate updates as they become available.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support as we work together for the health, safety and well-being of everyone in our community. We will continue to evaluate these extraordinary circumstances over the next two weeks and provide updates.
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” -Romans 8:28
Dr. Luci Higgins
March 14 Update:
Watch an update from Pastor Matt Hagee
Cornerstone Christian Schools has decided to extend Student Spring Break for 4 additional days to provide additional time for continued in-depth professional development and training for our faculty and staff to ensure a smooth transition into our enhanced “live” and digital instructional learning program.
We are dedicated to intentionally facilitating active engagement in learning for our students regardless of their physical location.
We are eager to welcome our wonderful Warriors back to their school campus on Monday, March 23rd.
Cornerstone Christian Schools encourages individuals and families who meet any of the following criteria to voluntarily self-quarantine 14 days before returning to campus.
- do not feel well or have a fever and/or respiratory symptoms,
- have traveled to an area designated by the CDC with a level 1, 2, or 3 advisory within the last 14 days
- have traveled on a cruise within the last 14 days
- have been in contact with a person being tested for or diagnosed with COVID-19
CCS Faculty will support self-quarantined students by providing both live and virtual digital instruction using our digital learning platform beginning on March 23, 2020. We remain grateful for your flexibility, support, and understanding as we navigate complex circumstances in the best interest of health and wellness for all.
“God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.” -2 Timothy 1:7
Dr. Luci Higgins
March 13 Update:
Dear Warrior Family,
Cornerstone Christian Schools is committed to ensuring students are provided a safe, secure and engaging learning environment.
We continue to monitor professional health and education organizations to ensure we are acting in a proactive manner to ensure we are doing “What is Best for our Learners.”
We will be increasing CCS Student Spring Break for one extra day. School classes will resume on Tuesday, March 17th.
Monday will serve as a Professional Development Day for our faculty and staff. We will focus our energies and talents on preparing units of study and daily lessons for smooth transitions into our digital learning platform (Microsoft 365).
In preparation for the students’ return to campus...
- We have significantly increased our cleaning routines including disinfecting and sanitizing applications.
- We have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the campus buildings.
- We have provided our faculty and staff with specific training on COVID-19 on Friday, March 6, 2020.
We encourage and will support families who choose to self-quarantine their children by providing instruction through our digital learning platform Microsoft 365. Elementary students will be provided a CCS device to utilize the digital learning platform from home. If you are interested in receiving a CCS device for your elementary student, please click here to register.
Thank you for partnering with Cornerstone Christian Schools in the formal education of your child.
Dr. Luci Higgins